What are my goals?
1. To have a successful career - something I love to do, something I am passionate about, something I can make a difference doing and something that allows me to earn enough money to be able to do all the things I want to do.
Developing on this point, I work in several places at the moment and am starting a company with my mother called Ellis Couture. I love designing dresses and enjoy making women happy, I want them to feel incredible and confident whatever there size - because everyone is beautiful. It's as simple as that. What I have to do to get Ellis Couture off the ground is learn the skills of a seamstress, learn how to sew properly, learn how to use couture fabrics and finishings, and learn how to put my designs onto paper and turn those designs into beautiful, perfectly fitting dresses.
I also work within another of my mother's company's called ColourFootprint (www.colourfootprint.co.uk) which uses a colour-based personality profiling tool to help people understand how they impact others and how they can become successful within their lives. I want to be able to help people, I'm good with advice and I'm empathetic, I want to be able to utilise these skills to improve people's lives and help them toward their goals.
2. To have a successful relationship - I already have a successful, if somewhat challenging, relationship with my partner of 4 years. We're challenging of each other and as long as our relationship keeps growing and we keep learning then I'm happy and confident it will withstand the tests of time.
3. To be healthy - as you know I'm working on ingraining a new way of eating and with going to the gym again, hopefully this goal will not be too far away - and long may I stay healthy. Also my family's health and my partners, while the road is not always smooth I want many more years with all of them and know that a healthy lifestyle will be part and parcel of how to achieve this.
4. To own a house (well... mortgage) - I would like a 3-4 bedroom house within the next 1-2 years. I would like to live in a place that didn't come with contracted rules e.g. don't use blue-tak, don't have pets, don't paint the walls... I would like to have a house that encompasses our life. A room for Sean to game in peace, a living room, a master bedroom, a room for me to keep my things in (which we currently don't have), a nice big kitchen with room for a dinner table, a nice big bathroom... A garage, and a big back garden with a smaller front garden. I would like trees around and birds, I don't want street lights blocking the view of the night sky. I want a house we can grow into - whether that be with animals or family.
5. To own a dog - although a small goal, I love animals - they bring me peace, and I have always wanted a dog to be part of my life since the wonderful Jess (our family black lab) died a couple of years ago. I want a dalmatian or a lab, but with our current working shifts it's not possible to have a pet as we're not in the house long enough during the day to take care of one.
6. To own a horse - a small girls dream that never went away, I love horses, I love riding and I've always wanted to have a horse of my own to work with and train. I have no dreams of competing, just creating a united bond between horse and rider.
Underneath those main goals are less tangible goals, such as:
1. Living an eco-friendly life - recycling, growing my own food, investing in a garden to encourage and attract bees, butterflies and birds, recycling rain water to use within my house, investing in solar panels to power our home, using eco-friendly products... The list goes on.
2. Finding inner harmony - I'm not a religious person, but I am spiritual and feel a deep connection with a source energy. I want to know how to channel and work with that energy, how to better my life and the lives around me. I want to find an inner peace.
3. Learning another language and learning how to play instruments - I am a mother-tongue only kind of person, and although I've tried to learn several languages they've never stuck. I want to be able to speak in another language and communicate. I also love instruments, I've tried several as I was growing up but I would love to be able to sit down at a piano or pick up a flute and just play...
4. Travelling - taking time in my life to see some of the World. I've travelled a fair bit already but nothing in comparison with my jet-setting brother! I would like to see the Crystal Palace in Russia, the souks in Morocco, a desert horse race in Dubai, a hobbit hole in New Zealand... There are so many incredible things to see in the World. Why would anyone want to just stay at home?
I think that's a good place to start - what are some of your goals?